3.3.0.6 upgrade - missing view site link

In 3.2, there used to be a helpful View Site link to provide admins, editors, and journal managers a real-time view of the site while editing information in the system. Thank helpful link has disappeared in 3.3.0.6. Can it be restored/re-enabled? If yes, how?

Thank you for your reply in advance!
@asabhar

Hi @asabhar,

OJS 3.3 handles the ability to view the public site a little bit differently. Please see our documentation here: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/introduction#whats-new-in-this-version-of-ojs

The link from the dashboard to the public journal site home page has moved. A Journal Manager or Editor can now view the public journal site by clicking the name of the journal that appears on the top left corner of the page. For multi-journal installations, you can click the site map symbol on the top left corner of the page and then a list of journals in the installation will appear below and you can select the site you want to view.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks, Roger.

This makes good architectural sense, and I did not even think of it, but it minimizes link clutter. I should have checked the documentation as well but was too focused on looking through the search results for “view site”.

@asabhar

Hi @asabhar,

No problem. Actually, when I first noticed this change in 3.3 it confused me too, but once I got used to it, it made sense.

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.