2 books for review questions

Hi,
One of our editors would like to use OJS to solicit and track book review requests and submissions. His ideal process would include a way to upload the bibliographic information, an email template that goes out as a review request, and the system tracks the deadline and provides reminders/links for uploading the book review for approval, copy editing, production.

We are using OJS 3.1.0.1 and we are a new OJS host so we haven’t used the OFR plugin on 2.X. From what I’ve read on this thread and the OFR documentation, it sounds like this is what the OFR plugin could do. If so, I’d like to add another vote to getting this functionality in OJS 3.

If there is a way to do this kind of soliciting and tracking in OJS 3.1 and I’m just not aware of it, please let me know.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @kristin138,

The coding to upgrade this plugin to 3.x hasn’t started yet, but discussions have – watch BFR and OFR plugin work · Issue #2325 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for updates.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

2 Likes

DATE FORMAT ENTRY/DISPLAY AND COPY/EXPORT INCONSISTENT IN BFR (ojs 2.4.8.1)

Not sure it’s useful at this point, but there seems to be inconsistency in the way that the BFR plugin transfers/stores the due date. In the form, the date is entered as MMM-dd-yyyy via a drop-down menu, then is displayed in mm-dd format in a DUE column on the editor’s booksForReview pages (Available (!), Requested (!), Assigned, Mailed, and Submitted).

On these pages, if you select the data off the screen and then paste it into a spreadsheet, the numbers from the DUE column are recognized as date format but they display incorrectly, e.g.,
03-01 (March 1, 2018) becomes January 3, 2018
01-16 (January 16, 2018) becomes January 1, 2016
12-12 (December 12, 2017) becomes December 12, 2018
06-28 (June 28, 2017) becomes June 1, 2028
08-10 (August 10, 2017) becomes October 8, 2018

I don’t know if this is an OJS export or Excel import problem. The reason I was trying to transfer the data in the first place is because the BFR plugin does not sort on the DUE date column – but now I find that because of this problem I can’t do it in Excel, either (unless I rewrite all the due dates).

Perhaps this might be helpful if/when the BFR/OFR plugins are adapted for OJS 3.
Thanks and best