Wrong linking on Nav bar OJS 2.4.8.0

Hello, once again thanks for your help, I have a question.
Recently our navbar links started to redirect to an old DNS.

I need to figure out how to fix the links in the navbar. I went to the navbar.tpl file in the common section but I couldn’t find a place to redirect the links.

the interesting part is that the home button is working perfectly but all the rest are not.

can you please assist?

thank you so much

Hi @jkings16,

Ensure that your config.inc.php, where it includes any URLs, includes the right ones.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec, Thank you for your input, actually we did check the config.inc.php. and the URL in there is the new url.
there are 2 places that had the old URL, we changed those and the problem just kept going.

the new canonical URL is set to be gerontechjournal.net … every other link is working normally but those in the navbar that redirect to gerontechnology.info url.

any fix around this?

once again.
thank you for your awesome support

best regards

Jeffrey

Hi @jkings16,

I don’t think anything else in OJS would be causing this – can you double-check that you haven’t got e.g. mod_rewrite rules that contain your old URL?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

ok, I will check right now… thank you very much!!

:slight_smile:

Dear Alec:

thank you for your input, me and my team have tried to determined if we had any mod_rewrite rules in our OJS, but we actually don’t .

I am wondering if there is a way to find the direct path on changing the linkage of the navbar buttons.

I used Firebug to show what I mean as below.
is there any where I can change those URLs?

I appreciate your help and assistance.

Jeffrey Sebastian

Hi @jkings16,

Those look like custom nav items; they’re entered in Setup page 5. You’ll need to correct those links in Setup where they were entered.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec!

We were able to fix the problem and we’re good and running.

I truly hope this message get read by your boss or manager, you really are an awesome help for us, I’ve been able to keep on doing my job effectively because you are quick to assist and are patient with “noobs” like me. Also when you help others I can find those answers in the PKP forum and do my job.
I truly thank you and the Gerontechnology Journal thanks you for your help.

Best regards

Jeffrey Sebastian

Hi @jkings16,

Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear it’s working!

Regards,
Alec Smecher