What OJS V3 release to test?

Hello,
I would like to test the OJS V3 release.
I tried the beta 1 from https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/ but I had a problem to add a user, for instance.
Someone told me he had tried the alpha version 1 and it was OK.
There is also the version GIT OJS alpha 3.

Which version do you recommend ?
Thanks,
Jean-Luc

I have tested version from https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/ but didn’t had any problems adding users.

Thanks,
You’re right, the beta 1 is OK.
But
. To add users use
~ojs/index.php/journal_id/management/settings/access
and not (doesn’t work on my site)
~ojs/index.php/journal_id/admin/contexts?openWizard=1
. Do not use the langage FR_CA, many translations seem to miss
If these may help…
Regards,
Jean-Luc

Hi all,

If you’re able, I would suggest working with the version from github. A lot has changed even since the beta.

None of our languages are updated yet, so I’d suggest sticking with English for testing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello, I tried to use ojs 3 beta downloaded from pkp official website. I am aware that it is not accomplished version. I found when editor sends a manuscript to a reviewer, and reviewer makes his/her suggestion for accept or reject the manuscript, the editor cannot see the reviewers decision. Nothing appears under reviewer’s acknowledgement tab. And I suggest to make some steps in workflow like copyediting, proofreading, secton and layout editing skipable optionally. Because today many editors send paper to external reviewer by email services and reviewers won’t register to ojs for review a paper. Thus, reviewing step also should be modified to account external reviewing processes. Additionally, the sidebars (left-right) appear side by side which is weird, reshaping frontend as left sidebar - main content page - right sidebar could be better.

I also notice that some plugins do not work, and sometimes when I update a content in backend it stucks in endless saving (circle, just aside to save button, keeps rotating). I experienced the aame issue when I enable some plugins, abd come back to plugin tab the circle keeps rotating but plugins wont come.

Hi @ihlasnobatovich,

I’d suggest checking out the current git master branch. We’ve made a lot of improvements in the areas you mention since the beta release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team