Unable to download and upload documents in the system

Dear OJS team,

We have a journal within your platform (http://www.rascee.net). We have experienced
a problem with upload and download.

It seems, that we are not only unable to download submitted files, but also
uploading files does not work.

I tried to open the submission file (word document) of submission #110, but
if click on one of the links “110-495-1-RV.doc” (there are two identical of
them on the Review page), I can’t download the file, but I’ll be taken to the
Summary page of the submission
(http://rascee.net/index.php/rascee/editor/submission/110). There is a same
link on the Summary page, however, if I click on it, it just reloads the same
page.

We also just had a similar technical issue where I once more could not access
a submission. This is quite a problem since I simply can’t access submitted
files. In this case it is Submission #108. The author tried to upload a
revised version of his paper as well as his comments in a separate file. He
did it in my view in the wrong place, under “Editing” and supplementary file.
But still I should see those files, I guess. However, I can’t access them
either under “Editing”, or "Summary (see attached file
_2 - it does not help if I click on “edit”) or “Review” (see attached file _3

• I could present the files to the reviewers, but can’t access them by
    myself).

If I am not the only one to have this problem, then this is a very serious
bug. This should be solved very soon, otherwise we simply can´t use the
platform, which would jeopardize the publication of the next issue. Could you
try to fix it as soon as possible?

Please help us.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Branko_Ancic,

This is probably an issue with the files_dir configured in your config.inc.php configuration file – either it’s incorrect, or the file permissions on its contents aren’t permitting OJS to maintain files there. Have you changed something recently (e.g. upgrading your copy of OJS)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear all
i am facing the same problem of dowloading and uploading issue. I tried somwe ways but it is not working, Can u please suggest some idea

i got a mail from the provider that “Congratulations! You are now able to publish to your updated hosting account.” since than i am facing uploading and downloading issue can any one help please.

Hi @shekhar,

I’m afraid that’s not much information to go on – which of our applications are you using, and what version? Who is your provider? What isn’t working, what have you tried, and what was the result?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

When i go to current or archive, it shows the published article but , when i try to download ,a blank page is coming.

That is the problem.

i am using OJS 2.4.2,

Hi @shekhar,

I suspect there was an issue during upgrade – check that your files_dir in your config.inc.php is correctly configured.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

correctly configure in the sense- how it should be there. I have not changed any thing.

It was working well till 18-5-17, but from 19th on wards this problem occur. What may be the possibility i am unable to find.

From hosting side if they (godaddy) have done some thing then what might be the problem. I am contacting them but they are not giving any solution till now. Please suggest me some thing.

Hi @shekhar,

Check to ensure that files_dir is set correctly, and that the contents of that directory can be administered by OJS (check the FAQ for an entry on file permissions). Anything that changed around that date is worth double-checking. I’m not sure what the message “Congratulations! You are now able to publish to your updated hosting account” means – was your OJS updated? – but if changes were made, then those should be reviewed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

files_dir is set correctly , any one who register in my site and they want to upload an article files are not uploading. as well as if we click on any published article in the current issue no files are downloading. Thats what it is happening. this is the screen shot for uploading

what shall i do please help

Hi @shekhar,

If the files_dir is set properly, then the upload issue is almost certainly file permissions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

this is the path i have given, how to check that this is correct or not

files_dir = /home/content/i/j/r/html/files

Hi @shekhar,

Make sure your files_dir is not web accessible – that’s a security risk. See docs/README (and the warning on the installation form).

Regards,
Alec Smecher