Show Article and Abstract Statistics

Hello PKP COMMUNITY

Am New With Ojs And I have a probleme hope that this great community Helps Me with this ;

1- I need To Show Articles And Abstract Statistics Under Each Article
2- A static page to show This Statistics For All Users

I Have Enabled ALM Plugin And Do the Upgrade Trick But I don’t See the Chart under The Articles.

Thank You.

Example

Hi @Hamza

Are you using OJS 2.4.x?
I am not familiar with ALM plugin, maybe @jalperin can help on that.

Else, there is also a generic Usage Statistics plugin – an OJS internal plugin for counting usage access based on COUNTER. However, this plugin does not implement the usage statistics display for users in the OJS 2.4.x, currently only in OJS 3.x. Thus, if you would use this plugin, you would have to implement the kind of display you would like to have with the usage information available in the DB table metrics. Else, you could use the OJS usage statistics report plugin to get the calculated statistics, that you would then have to manually prepare and display where you want, either somehow on each article page (your #1 above), or in a static page (your #2 above).

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

I would want to know for OJS 3.0.1

@bozana Thank You for the replay

I go to the database and serched for matrics Tables i can see the download count and the view count but i need to show this to the users if any body can help me

Hi @Hamza,

I’ve just found these threads: Abstract views, PDF views and Download Stats Made Public 😶 and May we add a counter that measures view and download counts?. These might help you.

Best,
Bozana

Hi @varshilmehta

In OJS 3.0.1 the statistics for an article will be aggregated and can be displayed in a chart.

Best,
Bozana

I cant see. I have activated the usage plugin.

Hi @varshilmehta

Please see this GitHub Issue and the related fix there: fix hard coded current year in the usage stats JS · Issue #2154 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Best,
Bozana

Hi @varshilmehta

Apply this changes: pkp/pkp-lib#2154 fix hard coded current year in the usage stats JS di… by bozana · Pull Request #2155 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub to the file lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageStats/js/UsageStatsFrontendHandler.js

Best,
Bozana

Cool, done. However I am still not able to see. I think it will take some time to get updated. Also my Abstract views and PDF downloads are 0.

@varshilmehta, now you have syntax error in your JS file – you added “+” in front of the two changed lines, s. http://www.jmri.org.in/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageStats/js/UsageStatsFrontendHandler.js.

Cool. Done. Thanks a lot. and the I have also added few codes at the end of the page which shows abstract views and pdf download, but that is still showing 0.

Cool. Done. Thanks a lot. and the I have also added few codes at the end of the page which shows abstract views and pdf download, but that is still showing 0

Thanks for the reply

i already checked those Two Topics To the end but it seems that no one found a real solution for this
the probleme is that the code in the topic One shows only The Abstract View the PDF Download Shows Zero 0

I was able to show the PDF download but my abstract view is coming up as 0.