Reusing journal Settings after upgrade

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating from 2.3.7 to 2.4.6. The new code base is tested and working fine on our dev site. I had run upgrade script which upgraded the schema, however not all journal settings like home page images were there after that the dev site was up although the actual files were there. Now we need to do the upgrade on our production site. I was wondering if all the journal settings, including homepage images, plugin settings… are saved in the database so I don’t need to move any file like fc-journalSettings-1.php to the new file structure or it would help copying some cache files from dev site to production. Is there any other cache file that needs to be copied?

Thanks
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

The images themselves should be stored in the public/ directory; did you remember to move that one across? If so, all settings should be migrated, including images.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,

By “migrating all settings” do you mean files like fc-journalSettings-N.php and fc-siteSettings-site.php?

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

No, you shouldn’t need to move the contents of the cache/ subdirectory. Those are cache files and OJS will regenerate them as needed, provided you set file permissions correctly as described in docs/README.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team