Registered Users are unable to login

Please registered users are unable to login on our journal website http://www.azojete.com.ng

Please what can we do?

Hi @oyeniyi_sk,

What happens when registered users attempt to log in? (Also, what version of OJS are you using? Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It’s referring them back to login page
I’m using OJS 3.0.2

Thank you

Hi @oyeniyi_sk,

Double-check your version number; that doesn’t look like OJS 3.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Greetings
Please Quick submit is not in OJS 3.0.2

[image: --]

SAMUEL OYENIYI
[image: https://]

Hi @oyeniyi_sk,

Could you post new questions as a new topic? That will help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Asmecher,
We are having the same problems currently. Using OJS 3.0.1.
We have detected some registered authors can’t login.

So, I personally changed the registered user password and I have tried to login again on behalf of him. System doesn’t allow me to enter (“Invalid username or password. Please try again.”), although I certainly have correctly changed the password of this author and inserted all correct data.

Besides, we the editorial team have detected, after several experimental proofs, Chrome and Firefox allow more actions (I can login in my usual computer, with Firefox environment, without a problem)… but Safari and Internet Explorer not; these explorers don’t allow login in our journal. I can’t login in Internet Explorer with my credentials!

We don’t know what happens.

Best regards,

Hi @Isabel-M,

I wonder whether you might be encountering a few separate problems. Some things to test further:

• The password reset process involves two steps – until both steps are completed, you won’t be able to log in with a password. Sometimes users will start the password reset process twice because they haven’t yet received the confirmation email; after starting the second reset password process, the first email may arrive, providing a password that’s already obsolete.
  • If a user is behind a proxy pool, their system’s IP address may appear to change. If the session_check_ip option in config.inc.php is enabled, this will cause OJS to invalidate any session whose IP address changes. I would suggest disabling that option if you think this might be the case.
  • If some browsers appear to reject logins while others work on the same system, you may have a cookie problem. Try clearing cookies in your browser, or changing the session_cookie_name in config.inc.php to something you haven’t used yet. (The latter will require all active users to log in again.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you so much,
Very kind from you.

Best,

I have the same problem with OJS version 2 from last one week. I am unable to login as admin I have changed the password with phpmyadmin under MD5 encryption still its showing “Invalid username or password” will any one please help me out what to do?. I have cleared the cookies as well as checked on all browserand all have the same problem.