Problems upgrading OJS

Hi, I want to upgrade ojs (2.4.8) to ojs (3.0.2) but I have one problem.

If I upgrade using driver mysql with php 5.6 thats ok

But if i upgrade using driver mysqli with php 7.1 the upgrade fails

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi @Enrique_Manuel_Touce,

Can you describe how the upgrade fails?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec

The error is:

Query: UPDATE email_templates_default_data SET body=REPLACE(body, ‘{$editorialContactName}’, ‘Επιμελητές’) WHERE locale = ‘el_GR’ AND email_key IN (‘REVIEW_CONFIRM’, ‘REVIEW_DECLINE’) failed. Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘replace’
1270: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘replace’
ADOConnection._Execute(UPDATE email_templates_default_data SET body=REPLACE(body, ‘{$editorialContactName}’, ‘Επιμελητές’) WHERE locale = 'el…, false)% line 1051, file: /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(UPDATE email_templates_default_data SET body=REPLACE(body, ‘{$editorialContactName}’, ‘Επιμελητές’) WHERE locale = 'el…)% line 440, file: /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
Installer.executeSQL(UPDATE email_templates_default_data SET body=REPLACE(body, ‘{$editorialContactName}’, ‘Επιμελητές’) WHERE locale = 'el…)% line 435, file: /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
Installer.executeSQL(Array[109])% line 396, file: /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
Installer.executeAction(Array[3])% line 265, file: /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘replace’

Regards

It sounds like you’re using a mix of latin1 and utf8 encodings in your database. You should be using UTF8 for everything – check to ensure that your config.inc.php specifies it for the upgraded version, and whether your old install did.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Regards for your reply I found de problem with de encondings.

Hi

Before resolving problems with encondings I execute a new upgrade process and now de error is:

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Duplicate entry ‘29349-3-1’ for key ‘review_rounds_submission_id_stage_id_round_pkey’

Thanks

See e.g. this thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks Alec I would try this