Problems upgrading Database

I am upgrading from 2.1.1.0 to 2.4.7.1
I just ran the database upgrade from OJS Upgrade
And I get this database error:

"A database error has occurred: Unknown column ‘public_issue_id’ in ‘where clause’

What can I do to fix this problem and complete the upgrade?

Hi @dgunkel,
I suggest you first update to an older OJS. for example 2.3.x
First, you should restore your database to the original version and start from base

Yeah…I figured that would be the best method. Unfortunately I have been unable to restore my database from the backups I made earlier this week. Not sure why that is the case, but that is obviously beyond your purview. So one last question before I scrap the whole thing and just do a new install…Is there a way to undo whatever the upgrade tried to do to the database or are we SOL at this particular point? Thanks.

Hi @dgunkel,

Unfortunately not – especially without knowing where in the process it failed. Using the command-line upgrade tool you’ll get a list of steps as the upgrade tool runs through them; do you have that?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Unfortunately the web host that is being utilized does not provide access to the command-line. We can run MySQL queries from the command line in phpmyadmin, but command-line on the server is not available on this particular hosting platform. Sounds like we are SOL.

Hi @dgunkel,

I think the best plan of attack is going to be working on that backup.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team