PROBLEM UPGRADE OJS 3.0.2 from 2.4.6

Hello, my name veliyana… I just want to upgrade from OJS 2.4.6 to 3.0.2 and this is my step with upgraded.

1. after move to server and “installed = Off”
  2. show up error
  3. skip the error and upgrade succes but the view is not good

Hi @Veliyana_L.A,

It looks like you’re using the Indonesian language? That translation is not updated for OJS 3.x – please let us know if you’d be willing to contribute.

As for the other issues, the warnings and the endless spinner, try directing your PHP errors/warnings to a log file rather than the browser. This is recommended for production systems anyway.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

this is the error warning

): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/messages_en_US.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/webapps/:/data/:/etc/webapps/) in /data/jurnalkimia/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 571

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/messages_en.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/webapps/:/data/:/etc/webapps/) in /data/jurnalkimia/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 571

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/en_US.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/webapps/:/data/:/etc/webapps/) in /data/jurnalkimia/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 588

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/en.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/webapps/:/data/:/etc/webapps/) in /data/jurnalkimia/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 588

How i can fix that hastag in menu?

I want to contribute to indonesia language but i dont know about programming.

How can i delete indonesian language because i opened in another computer is show up like my picture before ?

I want to contribute to indonesia language but i dont know about programming.

[solved] How can i delete indonesian language because i opened in another computer is show up like my picture before ?

and I have some problem with my submission in ojs :

1. if i click pdf file, i get a white blank ?
  2. all my submission Unassigned, the title and abstract disappear (note : the new submission from ojs 2.4.6)

This is my problem, permission files_dir is 0777 and pdf plugin enable

Hi @Veliyana_L.A,

It looks like you’ve also posted this on your other thread. Please don’t double-post; it clutters the forum. Also note that 777 permissions are never safe to use – they can be useful for testing, but make sure not to leave them that way!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hai, @asmecher, i have already translated ojs 3.0.2 using the indonesian language, but there are still error about roles, i have edited default.xml using the indonesia language. i want to contribute to translate using indonesia language…
thanks…

Capture

Concerning the Indonesian translation, you should contact @mtub who manages OJS translations.

If you have already a full translation in Indonesian but do not see translations for the roles, you could try
Administration => Site settings => Languages => blue triangle => Reload defaults

I think I had a similar problem back in January with the Finnish translation and that fixed it. However, note that the reload may overwrite the journal specific modifications to for example email templates (not sure?)

it do not work for current journal but it work when i create a new hosted journal.
but thanks…

Hi @Muhammad_Ridwan,

Yes, that’s expected. For journals that have already been created, you’ll need to edit the titles through the user interface to provide translations.

Regards,
Alec Smecher