Problem Installing OJS 3.0 on SLES 12

Hi all,

just thought to give the latest release (using the source release) a try on:
SLES 12
PHP 5.5.14
Postgres 9.4.6
an run against the “blank page” whereas installing it on my local windows machine apart from displaying a page of warnings the installation form turned up.

Followed the instruction here.
The file permission are correct.
There is nothing in the apache error logs and the access logs show a status 200.
Turning on the output of the classnames it stopped at:
lib.pkp.classes.i18n.TimeZoneDAO

In our SLES test instance in php.ini the date.timezone was set to UTC (which seems to be default) whereas on my local machine to Europe/Amsterdam
I noted that
lib/pkp/registry/timeZones.xml no longer has the entries like

The whole block seems to be removed.

I changed the date.timezone setting for php (both apache and cli) from UTC to Europe/Berlin but this got no effect.

Claudia Jürgen

Hi @cjuergen,

Just double-checking – are you sure that the PostgreSQL module is installed in your PHP configuration?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

yes it is. It is the same machine I installed OJS, OCS and OMP on all working with Postgres databases.

Claudia Jürgen

Hi @cjuergen,

I just ran a test installation using a SLES12 vagrant image and it seemed to go OK – I’d suggest double-checking that there aren’t any of the usual pitfalls such as file permissions. (Are you using SELinux?) I’m still not sure why OJS 2.x would give you no trouble where OJS 3.0 isn’t working.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @cjuergen
I had the same problem on RHEL 7.2. I solved it by explicitly setting the time zone to UTC in php.ini instead of having it revert to UTC by default. Seems like you have already been experimenting with that though, so don’t know if this is helpful.

Hi @asmecher,

yes we are using Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12. I checked the permissions etc. carefully. I will do it again when I’m back at work in 4 weeks.

Thanks

Claudia

Hi @simonmitternacht,

date.timezone was set to ‘UTC’ per default in php.ini and this did not work. I tried changing it to ‘Europe/Berlin’ with no effect. I’ll look into it again when I’m back at the office in four weeks.

Thanks

Claudia Jürgen