OJS Review Request

In the REVIEW_REQUEST email template there is a variable {$editorialContactSignature}.
I am sure there is some information regarding this issue but was not able to find any info.
Where in OJS do you change who this person is?

Thanks,
Edward

Hi @EdwardDavid,

Do you mean that the message is received with the text {$editorialContactSignature} included verbatim?
What version of OJS are you running?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
I am running OJS-2.4.7.1 No the emails are being sent correctly with the correct information.
What I am trying to figure out is currently the Editorial Contact Signature is pointing to someone that is no longer working here. I need to change the contact information to another person but do not know where to change it.

Was concentrating on other issues and did not really look into how to change the info found it in Setup for the Journal and principal contact.

Thanks,
Edward

I thought that changing the information in Setup, Details, 1.4 Email identification does this, but it doesn’t seem to be doing the trick. Old editors still show. any ideas?

Hi @reflections,

Which email templates seem to be exhibiting this behavior?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

There are saved emails of a variety of types that end with the variable editorialcontactsignature and all of them produce an outdated, but not very outdated, signature. The most recent updates aren’t “taking”

mike

Hi @reflections,

Check to see if the file permissions in the cache subdirectory are set properly – OJS needs to be able to create and delete files there. Beyond that, give me an example of one of the email templates that’s exhibiting this and I’ll see if I can suggest something else.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, Alex and all, I’m now separating roles of editor and publisher as we are recruiting a new editor and after she arrives I’ll be “just” publisher. I also need to update a number of roles.
I can on the About, Editorial Team but the prepared emails end with editorialcontactsignature and when I go to Details and try to make changes, they don’t keep. Earlier you indicated that I needed to change something in the file permissions in the cache subdirectory, but I’m not sure how to do that. I’m hoping to upgrade soon to 3.x but this is important to get fixed as incorrect information goes out with all our form letters that use edtorialcontactsignature.

we want it to look like below but instead it has publisher at the top.

Mike

Hi @reflections,

The file permissions check is something you’ll need to ask someone to do with a little knowledge in server administration. We can’t provide much guidance on this, unfortunately, because each server is different. I suggest checking this because you say changes to settings don’t “take” – it’s possible that incorrectly set file permissions are the cause. There’s a FAQ entry on how file permissions need to be set.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks much. Everyone likes it.