[OJS] Errors after updating to 2.4.6

Hello,

I am getting several weird errors ever since updating to 2.4.6. As I mentioned in a different post, I used the patch method. I then uploading the binary file changes manually (which was just two folders as far as I could tell). Now I am getting the following errors:

• When importing files using NativeImportExportPlugin: “Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file”. Everything imported fin so I assume this error is not that important.
  • When I try to create a new subscription I get the “Please select a valid subscription status.” no matter what select. (see screen shot)

This last one is a big problem at the moment because I am trying to make my journal available to my subscribers today. I have already attempted to upload certain folders from the full installation with the idea that my patch installation may not have worked properly. I did not get any errors but the installation is the only thing that has changed recently.

Many thanks for your help.

P.S. The new PDF viewer is great and works perfectly !

Hi @jamilj,

The subscription problem you’re describing is this one:

It can be fixed by applying the patch attached there.

The Fontconfig error message isn’t familiar to me; I suspect it’s coming from your PDF text extraction tools, and if so, it can probably be ignored.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you, I will apply the patch.

@asmecher , can you explain why the lib-pkp patch to the “/tests” directory fail? This directory does not exist in my installation, inside lib/pkp. The patch fixed my problem but I’m just wondering whether somehow I’m missing this directory.

Hi @jamilj,

The tests subdirectory exists in the git repository, but isn’t included when we build a .tar.gz file for distribution. Skip that part of the patch and you should be fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team