[OJS 3] Upgrading/Using QuickSubmit

I have enabled QuickSubmit at the root level, and I can see it in the individual journal’s Plugin Gallery. When I click on the title there I get a pop-up offering me to install. When I click on Install, I get a notification “Plugin already installed, but can be updated to a newer version.” I can’t find anywhere to do that, more can I find where to actually use the plugin, though maybe I just haven’t poked around enough yet to find that.

Any tips would be welcome.

Hi @verdonv,

I’m not sure why it would show as already installed if it hasn’t been – but make sure you log in as an administrator account, or you won’t have plugin administration tools.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher,

I am logged in as the main admin. I am looking at Website Settings > Plugins > Installed Plugins, where it does not show. When looking at Website Settings > Plugins > Plugin Gallery, I can see it but there is nothing in the status column.

If I click on the name, I get the previously described pop-up with information and the install button as described above.

Hi @verdonv,

I presume [OJS] Upgrade Script and old plugin versions · Issue #2386 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub covers this?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes, though I didn’t create the ticket there until after I had wiped my first install (from master) and started fresh from 3.0.2 stable.