OJS 3: Cannot order articles

I cannot order articles in table of content. I can drag it but after hitting done nothing changes.

Hi @kawahyu

Hmmm… I’ve just tried it and I was able to order the articles, I just couldn’t place them on the first position. Is this maybe the case you were trying – to move an article on the first position? Or is nothing working for you?

Thanks!
Bozana

Hi @bozana
I am trying to move an article on the top position to the fourth and made a try to move the second to the top.

1 Like

Hi @kawahyu

Yes, there seem to be a problem with the very first article on the top – for some reason it cannot be reordered :open_mouth: I will take a look in the code…

Best,
Bozana

If you got it solved, please inform me. Thanks

Hi @kawahyu

Here is the patch: pkp/pkp-lib#1937 resequence the category items fix · pkp/pkp-lib@4621da4 · GitHub. It is merged into the ojs-stable-3_0_0 branch.

Best,
Bozana

Thanks @bozana
I will make a try

Thank you. It works

…

Hi

I have the same problem here, except we cannot order issues in back issue. We are using OJS3. Can we use the same patch to fix this problem?

rgds

Choo

Hi @ymchoo, I think so – at least you could try…

Best,
Bozana

Hi,

The patch work for my problem. Thanks!

Hi, we have the same issue and we’re on OJS 3.0.2.0. Was that your version too and it worked? Thanks.

Hi @Cornelle

Could you double check, if your code contains that change: pkp/pkp-lib#1937 resequence the category items fix · pkp/pkp-lib@4621da4 · GitHub ?
If so, could you take a look in your DB table published_submissions, for entries belonging to that particular issue: is there anything strange in the raw seq i.e. do they have normal sequences, from 1 till…?

Best,
Bozana

I found a workaround - if you hit the “reset” or “return to default” that seems to override whatever bug causes this.

Yes. We are on 3.0.2.0 (the latest version). And the patch work for re-ordering of issue in “back issues” section.

rgds

Choo

Hi @bozana

I will have my IT look at it and let me know. Thanks for the advice.

Regards
Cornelle

Thank you for the advice @ymchoo!

Hi @rdkettering, where do I find the reset/return to default option?
Thanks
Cornelle

@Cornelle I was using OJS 2.8 earlier, and they have a “Reset to defaults” button at the top of the table of contents if anything has been moved. Unfortunately, when I checked OJS 3, I neglected to check. The closest it has is “cancel ordering” at the bottom once you change the order of articles.

Sorry about that.

No worries, @rdkettering. I’ll keep trying.