OJS 3.0.1 and Quick Submit plugin

Hello,

I am new in the forum. I am managing about 8 journals on different institutional OJS servers (one for each). We’ve been working for a while on the former version 2.4.8.1 and now one or two of them have upgraded to the OJS 3 (the newer journals). Right now we have installed the 3.0.1 version and have the same question about Quick Submit plugin. If I understand right this plugin should be displayed and work properly on 3.0.1 by simply installing it from GitHub - pkp/quickSubmit. Or do we need to upgrade to 3.0.2? Is more recommended to do so?

If the rest of the journals decide to upgrade to the latest version of OJS we will definitely will need a good Quick Submit plugin, since we’ll have to deal in some cases with more than a hundred of journal issues. Or do you know if is there a faster way to move the journal contents up to the 3 version?

Lastly, do you have any schedule or calendar about if former versions will eventually stop working? What will happen with the OJS 2?

Thanks in advance and Regards 
 Alejandro S. Shuttera
 Instituto de Investigaciones Filológicas, UNAM - México

380/5000
i am a new member in this forum. I manage 3 journals on the same campus. I have done the installation using OJS version 3 and also have installed quick submit plugin. After I run a quick submit plugin, it turns out the create gallery feature does not appear so I can not automatically upload PDF files. Please solve this problem. thank you

Hello
i am a new user of Open Journal System, and i have a problem.

When i tried install QuickSUbmit (from de backend), system didn,t permit (it didn,t anything). The message that the system send me is: Command Tar is not available. Configure it correctly in “config.inc.php”.

After this, i installed QuickSubmit “manually” (uploading files). QuickSubmit is installed, but it don,t work correct. Backend of OJS tell me “can be updated”.
I try to update, but it dont work… Telle me the same message: Command Tar is not available. Configure it correctly in “config.inc.php”.

Then, my problem is that i don,t know how can a i configurate the file config.inc.php, with the purpose that QuickSubmit work.

QuickSubmit1QuickSubmit2

Please, if you can help me, i,ll be grateful.
Thanks!

PD: Sorry for my English, is not my languaje, but i hope you understand.

Hi @jruiz,

Your OJS installation probably doesn’t have file permissions set such that the web interface can install new plugins. It’ll attempt to put the plugin into plugins/importexport/quickSubmit (creating that directory in the process) – make sure that your file permissions allow OJS to do this. (There’s a FAQ entry on file permissions in this forum.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher Thanks for your help

I checked permissions, and i think everything is ok.

I found command tar indfile config.inc.php, and it is there only 1 time. You can see in the screenshoot.

Tar

I think, maybe the problem is that i should add some command in the file config.inc.php but, as i told, is my first time with OJS, and i don,t know…

Many thanks

Hi @jruiz,

What is your server OS and SAPI (the way your web server and PHP interoperate), and what have you set your permissions to?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have the same problem but there is a work-around if you download the plugin from Github and put it in the right place (/plugins/importexport) using FTP . I would still like to get Tar working though.

I have installed ojs 3.1.2.1 july version (latest). And installed Quicksubmit plugin from the Gallery. But it doesn’t work, showing http 500 error. @asmecher please help.

Hi @samiraza28,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher Alec Smecher,

We are having the same problem when we are trying to use the quick submit plugin after installing ojs-3.1.2-1 . We are accessing it from the plugins gallery and when we do so then it gets stuck and nothing happens after that. Can you please help us with this? We have tried all the methods described here in this thread but it is not working.

Best Regards,

Hi @webuos,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher, We have checked it but there is nothing noteable that could help us with this issue. Is it possible for you to check this issue and help us resolve it if we provide the credentials to you?

Best Regards,

Hi @webuos,

I’m afraid that’s beyond the level of support I can provide here – but if you’re able to identify a message in your PHP error log, perhaps I can help further. (This may be helpful: How do I find my PHP error log?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Im tring to upload plugins then error showing

Hi @work_virus,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

How have you configured your tar command in config.inc.php?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

quickSubmit_Crash-1 quickSubmit_Crash

Quick Submit Crashes on clicking “Import/Export”

Am using OJS 3.1.2.1

OJS Error Log:
PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ajhseorg/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Webserver Error Log
WebserverErrorLog

Hi @Kivos_Webmasters_ICT,

There is probably a “Fatal Error” further up in your log file; please check and see if you can find it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have checked both log files to thier respective ends. Could not find a “Fatal Error”

Hi @Kivos_Webmasters_ICT,

When you say that the plugin crashes on hitting “Import/Export”, can you describe the behaviour further?

How did you install the plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher