OCS language problem

Hi,
In my OCS I find “##submission.citations##” instead of reference or another name without #
I think it is a problem with language traslation.
Please, How can I fix it ?

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

What language are you working with, and what version of OCS?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi asmecher,
I am trying to install Italian language
Thank you so much for your support

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

What version of OCS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you so much Alec

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

The Italian translation of OCS is missing that key. You can add it to lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/submission.xml; look at lib/pkp/locale/en_US/submission.xml for the English equivalent.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

How can I do this ? Where should I go to do this ?
Thank you so much Alec

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

You can either view/edit those files directly on your server, or you can turn on the Translator Plugin and use it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

How Can I tun on Translator Plugin ?
Which is the name of the files that should I edit directly on your server ?

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

If you want to edit the files directly, their names are listed above. To use the Translator plugin, you’ll need to log in with a Site Administrator account, then find the System Plugins > Generic Plugins.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have found plugin and the path /pkp/locale/it_IT/submission.xml
However, I haven’t found “submission.citations” in submission.xml but in check or verify list.
Here, there is a list and I have found “submission.citations”. I have tried to write italian label but when I pushed the botton save, the system have given a error “You don’t have permission to access /
on this server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request”
Perhaps, the key is missing by “/pkp/locale/it_IT/submission.xml”
What can I do ?

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

The 403 error suggests to me that your server is running some security software that is incorrectly flagging the save operation as an attack. I would suggest editing the files on the server directly, in lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/submission.xml. There is some documentation on how to work with translation files at http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Translating_OxS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I think I have found the problem.
There is not installed submission.xlm file.
Where Can I find it ?

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

That should be submission.xml, and it should be included with your OCS 2.3.6 installation. It’s also available from github, but I wonder why it’s missing from your installation?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
it’s very strange because submission.xlm file is missing by OCS 2.3.6 installation
Please, could you check this ?

To insert this file in my server directory, Could easily I copy the file in the notes pubblished in the suggesting address (pkp-lib/submission.xml at ocs-stable-2_3_6 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub) saving with XML extension ?

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

Use the “Raw” button at the link I included above to download the file. Note that it’s submission.xml, not submission.xlm.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have tried to add submission.xml on folder locale/it_IT but the problem persists.
By plugin, I have not ablet to modify ##“submission.citations” ## label in the general page of the submission. What I can do ? Should I edit file submission.xml ? What row and in wich positon should I insert in the file ?

Hi @PiccolaImpresa,

That should be in lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/submission.xml, not locale/it_IT/submission.xml.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have modified the file the file in that path with this code at the last row.
References
However, but I am continuing to display the same message!
##submission.citations##
Please, what Could I do ?

Sorry, the system is improving…
I have found a good result with new submission
However, it remains this label ##author.submit.submissionCitations##
Why ? How Can I delete this ?