Manual registration of DOI in Crossref failed

Dear PKP community,

the manual registration for our journal did not work. Instead we got this error report:

‘1 - HTTP/1.1 400 Bad
Request Content-Type: application/json Vary: Accept Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: X-Requested-With Content-Length: 270 Server:
http-kit Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 14:01:24 GMT X-Rate-Limit-Limit: 50 X-Rate-Limit-Interval:
1s Connection: close [:status :failed][:message-type
:entity-parsing-failure][:message {:exception
“com.mongodb.MongoException$DuplicateKey: insertDocument :: caused by ::
11000 E11000 duplicate key error index: crossref.deposits.$id dup key: { :
ObjectId(‘58402d34a78ebb5bf47e291d’) }”}]’

Does anybody know how I can fix this error and register the DOIs succesfully?

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!

Best wishes from Berlin
Wiebke

Interesting that this identical error come from another user as well:

Might this be an issue with CrossRef?

I heard of that behaviour as well. I did some research and this error message (specifically the error message after :message) and stumbled upon a serious of issues regarding updates of MongoDB. I assume this is a CrossRef issue. Maybe they updated their servers and have some issues now with their code.

I faced the same error messages, too, under OJS-2.4.8.1.
Exporting to XML file and then uploading submission metadata to Crossref runs well.

Thanks for your answers. How does the export to XML work? Is there a tutorial available somewhere online? Thank you very much!

See slide #8 here: http://www.slideshare.net/CrossRef/crossref-howto-a-technical-introduction-to-the-basics-of-crossref-chuck-koscher

Just an info: we asked Crossref and there seems to be something with their deposit API/system and they are working on it. Till it is solved, please export XML from OJS and manual upload it on the Crossref portal. We will let you know once the issue is solve.
Thanks!

Hi all,

This is fixed now by CrossRef. I have tested it via OJS app.

Regards
Ghazal

@salehig, thanks a lot for the info! Yes, I can confirm that the issue should be solved now…
Best,
Bozana