Image tinyMCE url

Hi to all. I’m going crazy. I dont know how to upload image with tinyMCE. I would like to upload an image in the home page and inert text near.

When i upload image, tinyeditor ask me the URL image. Where can i find that URL? Please help me.

I’m developping my ojs in local host xaamp.
Thank you!!!

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,

What software are you using, and what version?

It sounds like you’re clicking the “Image” link, which is a built-in part of TinyMCE permitting you to link to an existing image. There should be another button that permits you to upload a file.

Where is the field that you’re working with?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi thanks for answering.
Im using ojs 2.4.7 in localhost xaamp.
in setup page i try to upload image with tinymce. I’m trying to upload image in setup 5.2 additional content with the function of tinymce called “insert/edit image”. The problem Is that i can upload image just through image url. There Is The only way. I cant understand where can i find that url. The image that i want to upload is in my desktop.
Maybe should i put it in some where else?

Thank you!!!

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,

The TinyMCE plugin should look something like this:

The button on the far right is the one you should see for image uploading. Does yours look different? If so, please post a screenshot.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

My button Is like yours but when i click it i have then to insert The url…

That is what i see when i try to click The button you said.

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,

It looks to me like you’ve made local changes to your installation and the JBImages upload plugin isn’t showing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks. May you suggest to me how can resolve tris problem?

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,

If you undo the changes you’ve made to your system, your TinyMCE field will look like the screenshot I posted, and you’ll be able to upload images.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you. I replaced The old directory, now i can upload image!!!

I would like tinyMCE editor allows to write text in The bottom or left. Can you suggest ti me how can i do?
Basically i would like to move image and text in a custome manner…

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,

The best way to do this is probably to write up a custom stylesheet and upload it to the journal. The stylesheet would introduce some new classes that would permit you to align content as you describe. Then in the TinyMCE field you should be able to use <div> elements, with the classes you created in your CSS file, to get the content to look as you want. But your question is more about CSS/HTML and maybe TinyMCE than it is about OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks but there are more options in tinyMCE editor. In The previews setting there was The function in which decide how to write text a round image.
Can i have Aldo now that function? Maybe have i a old version of tinyMCE editor?

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,

Previously, you or someone else who managed your OJS installation customized your install to change the TinyMCE toolbar. If you want to change the TinyMCE toolbar, you’ll have to work with that customized code. It’s probably in plugins/generic/tinymce.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi alec i modify The directory and now i can upload image with more options.

But i know i have a problem, changes disapperead and now i cant save new journal homepage content in setup 5.2. When i go to save, ojs doesnt save.
Can you help me?

Hi @Matteo_Gulino,.

The problem is almost certainly related to your modifications. Back them out, then test again; re-add them piece by piece until it breaks, so you know what caused it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alex, I’m having the same issue Matteo was having. I have a hosted site with PKP, v. 2.4.8-1. I can’t upload images directly through TinyMCE as no upload option is present (just like his screen shot). And when I try uploading my image files in Files Browser, only a few upload correctly. I can upload some JPGs and PNGs of varying sizes, but others in the same folder that are smaller or larger and have shorter filenames won’t upload (most are under 200K so file size can’t be the problem). It acts as if it is, but the file doesn’t appear in the list.

I’m hoping that if TinyMCE is installed correctly I’ll be able to upload using it and won’t have this issue…as well as being much more functional as I transfer images from my old site.

Hi @achristian,

The screenshot at the top is the result of a modified copy of OJS. Is yours modified?

The files browser uses a different mechanism. If you’re having intermittent problems uploading, it will most likely be file permissions, or upload size limits set either in PHP or your Apache configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

My site was installed and set up by PKP. I do not have the expertise to have made modifications. So I don’t know why it wouldn’t be a standard installation. Should I put in a ticket to get direct assistance as a hosted site?

Amy

Hi @achristian,

Yes, please use the contact email to get a ticket into the system.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher