How to add an organisational author in OJS

Hi
I have an author string as follows:
STELLA GEORGE,1 JANE DALE,2 DEBBIE STANISSTREET,1 ON BEHALF OF THE JOINT BRITISH DIABETES SOCIETIES FOR INPATIENT CARE3 AND THE JOINT BRITISH DIABETES SOCIETIES MEDICAL VRIII WRITING GROUP.3

What is the correct way to enter the organisational author/s in OJS so that they will appear correctly in CrossRef xml (and also display correctly in the TOC and article pages)?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Lynn

Hi @Lynn_Danzig,

It’s not clear to me whether the institution applies to all those names, or whether that’s a separate author. Could you format that a little differently to clarify?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi
Thanks for responding.

I have taken some screen clips from the article PDF so you can see the list of affiliations and related appendices. I will inquire further from the editorial team. Do you have admin access to the site (www.bjdvd.com)? If so you can view the html and PDF galleys - it is a future issue at this stage because I can’t publish it until I solve this (Vol 15 Issue 2).

With example 1, it looks as though the three authors at the beginning have their own affiliations but may well be members of the 2 organisations as well. But I think the 2 organisations are being treated as authors, otherwise they would be listed in the affiliations.

Oddly the affiliation space for these 2 authors references an appendix giving their members.

In Example 2, a separate article, the same seems to apply. That is, the named individual author has an individual affiliation. The two organisational authors have an affiliation linking to appendices listing their members.

Example 1

Example 2

Hi
I have a further query relating to organisational authors.

I have an article in the category Meeting Report. It has no individual author specified and the author is implicitly the organisation which publishes the journal.

Here is the introduction:

Original research presented at the ABCD 2014 Autumn meeting

The Autumn meeting of ABCD was held at the Royal College of Physicians, London. As ever, some delegates shared their latest original research as poster presentations. To give a flavour of the data presented, we provide a précis of each abstract. We hope you find our brief report interesting, and look forward to hearing about your own research at a future meeting.

I assume the ABCD is the author but again don’t know how to enter it as such in OJS.

I would be grateful for help on this.

Many thanks
Lynn

Hi @Lynn_Danzig,

OJS doesn’t have explicit support for institutional author entries, so you’ll have to shoehorn institution names into the individual author name fields until that support is added. There’s a useful setting available to Editors on the submission’s metadata page permitting the author names to be excluded from the Table of Contents, which is generally used for editorials.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Would there be a possibility to add support for institutional authors in OJS3? We are going to have many authors of this sort…

Hi @Ph_We,

Not yet, though we’ve been gathering requirements on improvements to author naming for some time – both institutional authors and multilingual author names. It’s not scheduled against a release yet, but I hope we can work on this soon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like