Example of new OJS3 Journal with custom template

How can i add download and abstract views in ojs 3?

It is usage statistics plugin. Just activate it from dahboard.

it activated only, i still cant see on my website/article page.

Looks really great @Vitaliy! Congrats on the launch. It’s great to see all the new theming features for OJS 3 getting used to such great effect.

@Vitaliy congratulation! Looks very good.

Can you give me some feedback on your workflow with Open Typesetting Stack? Do you use a special word template?

Tobias

Greetings @twa,

I use own converter. Look at this topic: DOCX to JATS XML converter

For HTML transformation from JATS we use our own custom XSLT stylesheet. We are not planning to make it public, but I am also working on php project (plugin for OJS3), that will render XML to HTML on server side and publish it on the article detail page. It will not be done in the near future. You can look at the progress here: GitHub - Vitaliy-1/JATSParser: JATSParser is aimed to be integrated with Open Journal Systems 3.0+ for transforming JATS XML to various formats

For PDF generation we use own JATS to LaTeX converter. It is mostly done, but for now it adhere Ukrainian standards Maybe, in the near future I will make the public release. It will produce ready for compiling LaTeX and Bibtex files.

Greetings,

We have also edited the look of our main page. I have developed a Browse Latest Articles plugin. It adds carousel widget and all that can be seen on a main page.

Another thing that we recently adopted - is a separate URL for secondary locale. As can be seen, non-English locale now have subdomain. That was done for indexing secondary locale by Google.

Hi @Vitaliy,
You have been contributing a lot for this OJS community, Thanks.

Can you guide me (or atleast direct me) on how you created submenu on the default “About”?

Regards,
@anupent

Do you have bootstrap installed in you theme?

With bootstrap its easy: Components · Bootstrap

1 Like

After OJS 3.1 and Bootstrap 4 releases, we have completely changed front-end appearance of our journal. I must say that PKP team did a very great job - OJS has very clean and understandable code. It’s quite easy to modify its look and add some additional functionality: JATS Parser plugin for displaying article full-text under the abstract page and Browse plugin for displaying most recent articles on the main page.

So our new theme, although not fully complete, but already is quite good looking. It was inspired by eLife journal and PLoS ONE journal. All the front-end element (menus, navbars, article blocks, lists, alerts etc.) were created with bootstrap 4. Especialy I like the look of main, article detail and register pages.

Once again, thanks to the PKP team for this great publishing system!

2 Likes

Hi @Vitaliy
Is there any specific setting to properly use your browse current articles plugin?
What is the article ID to input in the plugin setting?

Thanks

In the current version, the plugin requires adding a specific method in the PublishedArticleDao class:

function getPublishedArticlesBySection($journalId = null, $rangeInfo = null, $reverse = false, $sections) {
        $params = $this->getFetchParameters();
        if ($journalId) $params[] = (int) $journalId;
        $result = $this->retrieveRange(
            'SELECT	ps.*,
				s.*,
				' . $this->getFetchColumns() . '
			FROM	published_submissions ps
				LEFT JOIN submissions s ON ps.submission_id = s.submission_id
				LEFT JOIN issues i ON ps.issue_id = i.issue_id
				' . $this->getFetchJoins() . '
			WHERE 	i.published = 1
				' . ($journalId?'AND s.context_id = ?':'') . '
				AND s.status <> ' . STATUS_DECLINED . '
				AND se.section_id IN ('. $sections . ')
			ORDER BY ps.date_published '. ($reverse?'DESC':'ASC'),
            $params,
            $rangeInfo
        );

return new DAOResultFactory($result, $this, '_fromRow');
    }

This plugin is responsible for adding a slider and displaying all our latest articles. That version that is on Github should work with Bootstrap 4. To make it work one should do several tweaks:

If you want to use it, I suggest to perform a test OJS installation and make the necessary changes there first. I can help on any stage, but, apparently, this plugin is not an out-of-the-box solution.

As I remember, table of content should stop after reaching reference (last) section title. That was coded in javascript:

Not working yet and it had the codes from before. I have moved the title and author section to the breadcrumbs area. Can this be due to it?

I think you should check out bootstrap documentation about affix:
https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/javascript/#affix

Hi @Vitaliy
Here is my tested ojs http://antologimatematika.id
For my journal, it does not have many items except for articles, announcement and we plan to add editorial.
I have activated browse plugin with your manuscript jats theme. We want to display the items properly in front page together with the slider.

1. Recent articles remain in the left but only display current issue
  2. Editorial and announcement in the right
  3. Slider in the mid top.

Where do I add this?

In the current version, the plugin requires adding a specific method in the PublishedArticleDao class:

Thanks for your support

In this file under any function, here, for example:
https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/master/classes/article/PublishedArticleDAO.inc.php#L268

After inserting the codes, the web gets blank.
This is the error log says

[05-Nov-2017 09:39:49 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/k2542002/public_html/antologimatematika.id/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[05-Nov-2017 09:39:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare PublishedArticleDAO::getPublishedArticlesByJournalId() in /home/k2542002/public_html/antologimatematika.id/classes/article/PublishedArticleDAO.inc.php on line 269

I have changed the method published several posts above. Try it.