Copying form elements from review forms - multiple journals

Hello all,

Sorry if the question has been asked already, but I couldn’t find anything remotely related to this.

I would like to import review form elements from a different form, in a different journal. I assume this is not possible (at least in OJS 2.4.8).

Is there an easy way to do this, without copying the form? How difficult would it be to copy the elements in the database directly? I took a quick look and it seems quite cumbersome…

Anyway, if you haven’t already, I would suggest adding this as a feature in OJS: copying a form from one journal to another (could add an export plugin so that journals in different OJS installations could benefit from this - an institution or OJS service provider that hosts multiple OJS installations).

Hi @ramon

You are right, this is not possible at the moment.

I could imagine two ways of doing it now – both not sooooo easy:

1. To write your own php function that will get all wished review form elements, remember their id, copy/insert them with the new form id, remember the new element id. Then copy/insert all corresponding element settings using the new element id.
  2. To customize the current functionality in OJS.
  3. Eventually a manual copying, element by element, would work – you would first copy/insert wished review_form_elements, note their new ids and then copy/insert review_form_element_settings using those new ids.

Some time in the future, we could maybe consider this feature for journal managers/admins, that have their roles across multiple journals… but it is not a high priority for at the moment…

Best,
Bozana