Can't login to OJS

Recently, I am no longer able to login into any account on Open Journal System (OJS) which I hosted. I also brought the files and DB down locally still no luck. Everything was fine 7 months ago when I hosted the site. My version of php is 5.6 on a shared hosting. My version of OJS is 2.4.8. Even the SQL update statement provided in this forum did not work

I have also updated the password both as SHA1 and MD5 directly from mysql, still no luck. The forum suggested that this is an issue with PHP < 5.3.7 but mine is 5.6. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Hi @Yugene,

Can you describe what happens when you try to log in? Do you receive an “incorrect password” message, no message at all, or something else?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you Alec,

There is no error message at all. The page just reloads and retains the login page.

Thanks
Yugene

Hi @Yugene,

This is probably a cookie or cookie path issue. Check your cookie-related settings in config.inc.php; try another browser to see whether a cookie on your main browser is conflicting.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks A lot Alec,
I just tried Opera and it worked fine. Though I tried opera before some days back before I changed the encryption key to sha1 in the config.inc.php file.

Once again Thanks