Automatic emailing is not working

I installed OJS 3.02. The authors who submit their manuscripts to the journal do not receive an automatic confirmation e-mail ! am I missing any setting? any advice, pls?

Hi @Salah_Ismaeel_Yahya,

Start by looking at this FAQ entry.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you, but the problem I am facing is a bit little strange;
When the author submits a manuscript, he gets a submission confirmation email immediately, which is fine.
I have created accounts for the J manager, Editor and Reviewer. Any of these users when they do their duties inside the journal they can not send emails (automatically, or manually) via the OJS.
I tried to assign an Editor, assign a Reviewer, Review the submission using the super admin account, the emailing system working perfectly. So, why the J Manager, Editor and Reviewer users cannot send emails !!! I need your advice, please.

Hi @Salah_Ismaeel_Yahya,

Your OJS is configured correctly, since some email is getting delivered, but your mail server is not delivering some messages. The issue may be your mail server’s DMARC configuration. See e.g. this thread: Sending emails on works workflow in OJS 3.0.1 (and 3.0.0 too)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you. I am still facing the same problem. I do not think this is the email setting issue. This is what our server says;

AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/messages_en_US.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/var/lib/php5:/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/:/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/) in /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 571\nPHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/messages_en.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/var/lib/php5:/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/:/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/) in /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 571\nPHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/en_US.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/var/lib/php5:/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/:/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/) in /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 588\nPHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/en.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/var/lib/php5:/lib/pkp/js/lib/jquery/plugins/validate/localization/:/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/moxiecode/plupload/js/i18n/) in /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 588\n’, referer: http://ojs.dotaca.com/index.php/KJSC/workflow/index/40/3

Hi @Salah_Ismaeel_Yahya,

Those warnings are related to [OJS 3.0] getBasePath() returns an empty path in PKPTemplateManager · Issue #1902 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub, but don’t explain the email problem. Have you investigated your server’s DMARC settings?

Regards,
Alec Smecher