Add Reviews to Email button not working OJS 3

Hello,

I tried to send a decision email to authors, after review stage. I clicked “Request revisions”, an email form has opened, but Add Reviews to Email button did not word (on hover with mouse, I could see that the URL it leads to is just #. Is this option available in OJS3?

Also, in one click review workflow, in role of reviewer, I could not go to step 3 and download the file because the buttons were not working and the error message was “Form was not properly submitted” appeared. I refreshed the page twice and was able to proceed to next step. Also, I could not send Thanks to reviewers because I got the same message “Form was not properly submitted”. I had to refresh or use another browser.

Any idea how to handle this situations? I am afraid that the reviewers will have trouble submitting their reviews!!

Thanks,
Dijana
Best regards,

EDIT: strangely… after this post I tried again to send “Request revisions” email to authors, and this time Add reviews button worked as expected. So, what I have noticed is that some functions work on second attempt, after some time from the first attempt :confused:

Hi @dijana,

Hmm, it’ll be hard for me to debug unless you can narrow down the conditions that cause the problem to appear. It’s always worth checking your PHP error log to see if something relevant appears there. Unfortunately without more information I can’t help further!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Is it normal that my php error log is 125 MB heavy, recording only last 7 days?
Can I pm you 50 or so lines? They appear to be pretty similar.

Thanks,
Dijana

When I clear browser’s cache and cookies, all works good. :confused:
I use Chrome.

Hi @dijana,

There are tons of deprecation warnings in your error log – you can disable these messages e.g. by configuring your PHP error_reporting setting. That’ll help to clear up all the noise, which will make it difficult to find the actual errors. Meanwhile, you can also search the log for “Fatal Error”, which should be present on the important lines of the log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

within OJS I frequently get “The form was not properly submitted” error. And I am then stuck in the workflow. What I learned is to delete cache and cookies in Chrome, log in again, then I can work for some time, until the same thing happens. Clearing the cache and cookies helps, but it is very annoying to do it frequently, and I am afraid that reviewers and authors would not know to do that, and would not be happy to do that. I will send the errorlog as soon as I have it “clean” from deprecated notices.

Please help.
Thanks,
Dijana