Access to articles

I am the principal contact for my journal. When I switch into “Editor” mode, none of the active submissions appear. My work around is to assign another user as the Editor, and then “log in as” this other person. It’s very cumbersome. Can anyone help?

Hi @scmeyer,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I am using OJS 2.4.5.0.

Hi @scmeyer,

Have you checked your PHP error log for anything relevant?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

How do I access the PHP error log?

Hi @scmeyer,

See How do I find my PHP error log?.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I’m afraid that the reference that you gave isn’t much help to me. What I need are some kind of directions that will allow me to click on something from a page in the system and then follow the thread. This is the kind of language that I can use:

From “Journal Management” page, click on A
From the drop-down menu on page A, choose B
At the bottom of page B, you will see icon C. Click here, that will take you to page D

I’m sorry that I’m not conversant with various programming systems and languages, but I’m not. Any possibility of help, or am I just stuck?

Hi @scmeyer,

The PHP error log isn’t a feature of OJS, it’s a feature of your web server’s configuration. The specifics will depend on your web server, so unfortunately there’s no specific guidance I can give. If you’re not sure, I’d suggest asking whoever runs your server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher